Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hi Suzanne!
I got home late last night and didn't get on to check your blog until this morning and I am rushed so this will be short. However, here's a thought - if we are going to have them provide "pieces" of their curriculum throughout the semester we will be able to provide feedback as they are submitted so that it could be counted as a rough draft and then by the time they consolidate all their material at the end in their final curriculum it should be in final draft form with feedback and changes done at that point - it might help to hold them accountable in the end for the final project and we can go lighter on the grading of each individual piece throughout the semester - does this make sense to you? I'm not sure I am explaining it correctly. In other words use the rubric or some other rubric - whatever we decide upon - for the final project only - it's a compromise.

I agree - I think we are talking about two syllabi at this point and need an abbreviated one for the course description and a more detailed one for us. If you can put one together that would be great! I won't have the opportunity to work on one until at least Friday - this is a busy week at school and I think I'm coming down with something on top of everything else! UGH!! Like I've got time to be sick! Right! Three people in my work pod are out with pnemonia and I hope to God I'm not going in that direction!! However, that's not an excuse - it doesn't stop me from working but I don't focus well when I don't feel good so my creative juices are not so creative that's all. If you do the abbreviated syllabus I can put it in the CD builder with the course description.

I'll check the blog again tonight - I have another late night - I may not get back to the blog until morning - I have to close my classes tonight for the week too. Talk to you soon!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment