Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hey Suzanne,
I can attempt to post the course description - I need to learn how to do it anyway. The CD builder and I have had some spats in the past - this will be good for me to do - so I'll get the CD going!

I totally agree with you on the idea of having students develop a bibliography of books and other sources used for their curriculum. They should have them and know how to create one anyway - it will help them to start with some excellent resources!! As for my links page I would put it under documents and let the students know where it is so they can access it at anytime. They can also copy and paste it and put it in their own curriculum - at least the sites they used and like. That's what it's for - it's public knowledge in the class and everyone has access to it. Let's build the bibliography into our lessons - I'll look at it and make some changes to the activities - but it can be something we copy and paste to each weekly assignment. I would say as part of their final curriculum - it should contain a bibliography for each part/stage of the curriculum. What do you think? Anything I put in BB you can have - I share everything - don't even ask - just take them and use them!

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the writing - I also urge my students to take a writing course for my classes. I have developed a writing rubric and grade using it. I will send it as an attachment in an email for you to look at. I expect college level writing and get upset when I see 9th grade writing on a college paper.

I just took those opening paragraphs from the book - forgot to cite them - my bad!! I'll go in and fix that asap!! We can certainly generalize the syllabus - I'm fine with that. But it helps me to have the assignments all on one page like that so I only have to open one document to find stuff. So I might do this for my own purposes but we can certainly just put in week 1 and the readings, etc. I'm fine with that.

I don't know Eric Erwin. We can certainly grade for content but if these students are writing a curriculum for a final project I would use the writing rubric and deduct for spelling and mechanics issues that detract from the reading - these are future teachers and we should hold them to the same standards they hold their own students. Peer's, peers' - I'm a social studies teacher and don't know which one to use!! You choose and I'll go with it! :))

I think I've responded to your questions - thanks for taking the time to read through all my stuff! I was working like a house afire this morning but have run out of energy this afternoon! I will do the cd builder and cite the text for the paragraphs. I'll check the blog daily and we'll continue to get this great class written and provide our students with some quality lessons!! I really look forward to teaching this class with you! You have some great ideas - thank you for sharing them with me - I plan on using many of them in my other classes too! Talk to you soon! Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment