Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hi Suzanne,
Sorry I haven't been back in here - I couldn't remember how to access it and had to find your email and come in that way. I'm not used to blogs - this is my first one!!  Anyway, I too have all the books we discussed and waiting for your feedback. I will be at Disney World next week, but available. I still have to do my online classes! But I won't be online long periods of time like now. I want to enjoy my grandchildren and vacation as much as possible. I will check in however. Thanks for getting the course description! Once we decide on a text we can start developing the syllabus and finalizing the course description. Just a question - do you post discussion forums weekly or all at once? Do you have an assignments folder in your classes that students can access and work on or do you assign the tasks a week or two before they are due? I am just trying to get a bit of a handle on how you approach the online teaching environment. I can adapt if needed.  I usually develop the whole course before hand then place everything in the course. I urge students to work ahead but many times they don't - it depends on the class. However, I do tell them I don't work ahead. But I realize sometimes they will be out of town a week or have other life interferences so I put everything out there and they can do the work and post early if they are going to be out. That way they don't lose a week. Just some thoughts! I'm flying out tomorrow, Friday the 27th but will have my computer and will be online. I won't have the texts with me but am familiar enough, I think if you want to make a decision. Talk to you soon!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment