Thursday, April 23, 2009

An Update...Finally!

Lynn,
I know you are in Italy and not thinking about work at all, which is as it should be! I really do hope you are having a wonderful time. I thought I would write to give you an update on my progress with the revision, as well as some aspects of my crazy life.
First, I'm sorry that I dropped the ball over the past few weeks. I was feeling a lot of stress over my father. etc. Today I finally had time and energy to attend to it, and I did some revising on our discussion board assignments, only to realize that I would have to redo many of the changes because I haven't had good luck saving formatting when I copy and paste to Blackboard. So I decided to post the discussion boards and revise as I went along. It really was much easier and far less time consuming. I hope that decision was okay with you. There are still things I want to change and many additions (such as relevant links for each chapter), but it helps me to have it all in there. I cleaned up a lot of little typos and other glitches - mostly in the assignments I wrote. I will keep tweaking it until I hear from you. It's fun to see it all up and running.
I also want to tell you that my uncle did arrive from Maryland and stayed for three days. He was not successful in getting my dad to go see the doctor, but I really feel that his visit was good for my father. He seems to have more energy than he has for a long time, and tonight he is actually cooking - for the first time in over two months! His terrible cough has subsided too. I think I feel like I can actually make plans to go back to Vermont soon. I am really anxious to get back.
I am going to continue to work on our class assignments, and also get my other classes fully set up for summer. My goal is to be completely ready for summer before this semester is over; I really need a few weeks of time off.
I will send this via email too, but I doubt you will be checking any of this until you get back. Have a wonderful time in Italy!
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment