Saturday, April 4, 2009

Great Assignment!

Lynn,
We will be talking within the next few hours, but I wanted to say how much I like this assignment. You have me very curious about the "Sultan's Elephant!" I love that you give students some options for assignments. I just started doing this in my writing class and the students love it. I wondered if we want to give students some parameters about the length of their written responses. I have been asking my lit students for a 300 or 400 word minimum, in hopes that they will go beyond the perfunctory response.
I really agree that it might be a good idea to forgo the chapter 12 assignment in favor of letting students share their final projects. I feel bad that I don't have the sensory and music assignments completed yet. I think I can do them tomorrow, maybe Monday. I'm up to my eyebrows in fence-mending just now. The next few weeks will be crazy as I try to clean my father's house before I leave. He is having his brother visit right after I leave on the 15th, and I want the place half decent before I go.
Again, beautiful puppet assignment!
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment